Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The BOOKS

For some more serious news, I am still in my first year, slated to graduate in 2010, though will most likely finish class at the end of 2009 (there's only one graduation in July...by the way the pic is of my little reading cubicle in the library...its nice and private, which is a must for me because get easily distracted). This term I am taking Greek 1 (its suprisingly not that hard, just lots of cramming! our goal is to be able to comfortably read John and 1, 2, 3 John in Greek by the end July), Sociology of Language ( we have to do some group research for this class...we're hoping to research the practise of language switching amongst the presidential aspirants during the upcoming campaign...we'll mainly be carrying out our research via the media...but maybe we'll attend a rally or two...maybe not!). Also taking Hermeneutics (interpreting the bible, writing a Hermeneutical paper Habbakuk 3, just got my first paper back on narrative, studied 2 Samuel Kings 21...very interesting stuff...sometimes the bible is like a movie) and Homilectics (preaching class... yesterday presented a sermon in class on Putting God First from Haggai 1:1-6...talk about being nervous!..but people seemed to be feeling me...nodding there heads and saying Amen! I really love my classmates...they are soo encouraging even when you know your totally making a mess of things....and got some good advice afterwards too for the next time) and also Early and Medieval Church History...writing a paper on Augustine...not too sure which direction it should take, just starting out my research now...


Whenever you get a chance please pray for me, that I would handle my work with integrity, diligence and creativity.

2 comments:

Pst. M said...

Hey Njeri, just wanted to let you know Im enjoying reading your blog - especially enjoyed your first post about what you are in the process of becoming. You are a gifted writer and can't wait to see what God is shaping. Keep writing... I'll keep reading! Muriithi Wanjau

Nelson said...

Hi Njeri, ever entertainined the idea of doing commentaries on scriptural based books...i think you would make some good and phenomenal writing. We are in this journey in prayer with you. Indeed you have lived your life as a real daughter of aking. Press on towards the prize! Nelson Mburu

Dogpile